Creamy Chicken Enchiladas (Enchiladas Suizas)
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 (14-1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 (10-3/4 ounces) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 20 (8-inch) flour tortillas warmed
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (13 x 9-inch) baking dishes.
- Remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred chicken with two forks and
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soups, milk and seasonings.
Transfer 3 1/2 cups to another bowl; add chicken and cream cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup soup mixture into each of the two prepared baking dishes.
Place 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and
place seam side down in baking dishes.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over tops; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is
Prep time: 25 min | Cook time: 35 min | Yield: 10 servings
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use,
partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes
before baking. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover casserole with foil; bake 45
minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165
degrees F. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.