Longhorn Cheese Enchiladas
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Raw onion, finely minced
- Longhorn cheese, shredded
- Cooked ground beef or shredded chicken (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan and sauté the garlic and
chopped onion until golden. Add the chili powder, tomato puree and
stock. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cumin. Spread sauce
over the tortillas and place equal amounts of minced raw onion and
shredded longhorn cheese in the center of each tortilla. At this
point, you may add cooked ground beef or shredded chicken at the
center of each tortilla.
- Roll the tortillas and place SEAM SIDE DOWN in an ovenproof dish.
Pour more sauce over the tops and liberally sprinkle additional
shredded longhorn cheese over the tortillas.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot accompanied by salad, beans and Mexican rice.
Yield: 12 enchiladas
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.