Pulled Pork Tomato Mole Enchiladas
Holy mole! Yummy make-ahead oven-roasted pulled pork and a shortcut mole made
with make-ahead Roma roasted tomato sauce take your weeknight enchiladas to the
- 2 cups frozen roasted Roma tomato sauce, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 cups pulled pork, roughly chopped
- 8 (8-inch) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled queso fresco cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat tomato sauce, chipotle chiles and cocoa to a simmer
over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue to cook 5 minutes to combine
flavors. Transfer 1 cup of the sauce to small bowl. Add pork to sauce in pan; toss
- Place tortillas in baking dish. Divide pork mixture among tortillas; divide 1/2
cup of the cheese among tortillas; wrap tortillas around filling, placing seam side
down. Top with reserved sauce. Spray piece of foil large enough to cover baking
dish with cooking spray. Cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with reserved cheese, green onions and cilantro.
20 min Prep Time | 50 min Total Time | 8 Servings
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Enchilada Calories 300 ( Calories
from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g), Cholesterol 40mg
Sodium 640mg Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 2g), Protein 14g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 20%; Iron 10%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2
Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):