Chicken and Bell Pepper Fajitas
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 large yellow or green bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- Using meat mallet, lightly pound chicken between sheets of wax
paper to thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Mix 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper in
large glass baking dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover
and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in oven until warmed through, about
10 minutes. Turn oven off. Leave tortillas in oven.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high
heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add bell peppers and
sauté until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Season
with salt and pepper. Transfer vegetables to large bowl and
tent with foil to keep warm.
- Do not clean skillet. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet
over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard
marinade. Add chicken to skillet and sauté until cooked through,
about 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch-wide strips. Combine with vegetables.
- Divide vegetable and chicken mixture among plates. Serve passing
tortillas, salsa, sour cream (or crema) and guacamole.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.