Festive Chicken Fajitas with Queso Blanco
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers (1 yellow and 1 red), cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin queso blanco cheese, crumbled and divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 12 medium tortillas, warmed
- Shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, for serving
- In large bowl, combine orange juice, zest, garlic, cumin, salt, and oregano.
Add chicken; stir to combine. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- In large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; sauté
2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, add chicken to skillet, discarding any remaining
- Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to large warm serving platter. Sprinkle 1/2 cup
of queso blanco and cilantro over the top.
- Roll a portion of the mixture in warmed tortillas. Serve with the remaining cheese,
shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Southwestern Fajita Recipes