Flank Steak Fajitas
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® flank steak
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- Vegetable spray, as needed
- 1 large red onion, sliced and ringed
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4 inch strips
- Flour tortillas
- Cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream optional
- Slice steak across the grain in 2 x 1/4 inch strips. Place in zip-lock plastic bag.
- Combine lime juice and oil; pour over steak strips. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove steak strips from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle fajita seasoning on steak strips.
- Spray skillet with vegetable spray. Sauté beef over high heat, stirring constantly until brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add onion and pepper strips and continue stir-frying until most of liquid is absorbed and onions are slightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately in flour tortilla with choice of grated cheese, salsa, guacamole and sour cream condiments.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Certified Angus Beef