Grilled Mexican Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1 teaspoon bottle minced garlic, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Mexican Blend cheese (Cheddar, Monterey jack, Asadero, queso quesadilla) divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, chili powder and pepper. Using
a rubber spatula, spread mixture evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Prepare medium-hot charcoal fire or preheat gas grill to medium-high.
- Grill chicken on oiled rack 5 minutes per side, or until cooked
- Combine 1 cup of the cheese mixture and the mayonnaise; mix well.
Toast bread on edge of grill, turn. Spread toasted side of bread
evenly with cheese/mayonnaise mixture. Grill, cheese side up, 2
more minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
- To serve, place chicken on toasted bread, top with salsa. Sprinkle
with remaining cheese.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/8/2001 2:37 pm.