Southwest Quinoa Skillet
Quinoa, black beans, corn and zesty tomatoes come together to make this flavorful vegetarian southwest quinoa skillet.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 large avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and corn; cook until onion is soft and corn is lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, undrained tomatoes, water, beans, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through.
- Stir in lime juice and serve with avocado and cilantro.
Per serving: Calcium 77mg 8% DV Carbohydrate 54g 18% DV Cholesterol 0 Total Fat 11g 17% DV Iron 4mg 23% DV Calories 362kcal 18% DV Sodium 548mg 23% DV Protein 12g 25% DV Saturated Fat 1g 7%DV Sugars 5g 0 Dietary Fiber 11 g 44% DV Vitamin C 12mg 20% DV Vitamin A 632iu 13% DV