Basque Country-Style Spaghetti
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled/de-veined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add spaghetti
and cook until tender, but still firm (8 to 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large
skillet. Add garlic, cooking until golden; discard garlic pieces.
Add shrimp, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the parsley to skillet
and cook 1 to 3 minutes until shrimp turn pink. Remove saucepan
- Drain spaghetti and add to saucepan. Add Parmesan cheese. Place
in a warmed serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon
- Serve immediately.