Chicken Tamale Pie
- 1 dozen tamales, shucked
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line with tamales. Cover with layer of chicken.
- In medium skillet, sauté onion in oil. Add chiles, tomato sauce, olives, chili powder, garlic salt and corn. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over chicken and bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes.