A golden cornmeal crust surrounds savory ground beef in a kicky enchilada sauce
for a one-dish wonder of a meal. Serve with a tossed green salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
cup whole kernel corn
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 1/4 cups yellow corn meal
- 2 cups water
(12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
(4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- For Filling: Cook beef, onion and garlic in a large skillet until beef is browned;
drain. Stir in enchilada sauce, corn, olives and salt.
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine corn meal, water, evaporated milk and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over
medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chiles. Reserve 2 cups corn meal mixture; cover with plastic wrap.
- Spread remaining corn meal mixture on bottom and up sides of prepared baking
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool in dish on wire rack.
- Spoon beef filling into corn meal crust. Spread reserved corn meal mixture over
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is
- Garnish with jalapeños, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information: Calories: 733 Calories from Fat: 371 Total Fat:
41.3 g Saturated Fat: 17.7 g Cholesterol: 125 mg Sodium: 1862 mg Carbohydrates:
59 g Dietary Fiber: 7.9 g Sugars: 0 g Protein: 31 g
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.