Tortilla Green Chile Quiche
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 5 thin 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream, light or regular
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chiles, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Chile powder or paprika
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mist a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or
other shallow oven-proof dish with the olive oil spray.
- If the tortillas are cold and stiff, warm them in a nonstick pan
to make them more pliable. Fit them into the baking dish, overlapping
and with at least 2 inches of the edges sticking up out of the dish.
When all the tortillas are fitted into the dish, mist them with
cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan cheese and bake
for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven but leave the oven on.
- Put the sour cream, eggs, 2 of the green chiles, the jalapeno, onion
and cilantro into the bowl of a food processor. Process until well
blended. Pour into the pre-baked tortilla shell. Layer the Monterey
jack cheese over the filling and then sprinkle with a little red
chile powder or paprika.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Use a wide spatula to help slide the tortilla
quiche out of the dish, and cut into small pieces.