Chicken Burrito Bake
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa or 1 (7 ounce) can salsa verde
- 1 (2 cup) package shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 8-10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) containers refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce
- Optional garnishes: Shredded lettuce, diced avocado or chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken, tomatillo salsa and 1/2 cup of cheese in a large
mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the middle of a tortilla.
Fold one edge over and roll up. Place, seam down, in a 13 x 9-inch
baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Combine pasta sauce and remaining 11/2 cups cheese in the mixing
bowl. Spread over the burritos.
- Bake until sauce is bubbling and browned in spots, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, avocado
or cilantro if desired.
Per serving (not including garnishes): 470 calories, 19 g protein,
48 g carbohydrates, 22 g fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 1,260 mg sodium,
3 g fiber. Calories from fat: 43%