- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 4 cups green chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 sopaipillas
- 2 cups farmer's cheese, crumbled
- Sauté the onion in the oil until transparent. Add the chicken, half of the green
chile sauce and salt and pepper. Season with cumin. Heat to boiling.
- Split fresh fried sopaipillas on one side to form a pocket. Fill
with shredded chicken mixture. Top with remaining green chile sauce
- Place under broiler to melt cheese.
- Serve with refried beans and Spanish rice.