Quinoa Taco Skillet
Give taco night a wholesome twist with this simple skillet dish. Season ground
turkey, quinoa, fresh tomatoes and corn with McCormick® Organics Taco Seasoning
Mix for a kid-friendly meal the whole family will taco-bout.
- 1/2 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package McCormick®
Organics Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Prepare quinoa as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, cook turkey in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat for 6 minutes
or until no longer pink. Drain liquid.
- Stir in cooked quinoa, Seasoning Mix, tomatoes and corn. Cook for 10 minutes
or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes or
until cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with assorted toppings, such as reduced fat sour cream,
chopped cilantro and guacamole.
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 266 Cholesterol: 71mg
Sodium: 506mg Protein: 23g Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Fiber: 3g Carbohydrate:
Reprinted with permission from
>> Southwestern Recipes