Taco Chip Chicken
- 4 (3 ounce) skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped scallions or onions
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 4 taco shells, coarsely crushed
- 20 small pimento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, arrange chicken breasts with thicker
parts toward outside of the dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH for
8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken
to plate and set aside.
- In the same casserole, combine scallions (onions), pepper, celery
and margarine; microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once,
until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes; microwave on HIGH for
5 to 7 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Arrange chicken on top of tomato mixture; sprinkle evenly with coarsely
crushed taco chips, cheese and olives. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes,
or until cheese melts.
- Serve with rice and a salad.
Yield: 4 servings
Each serving: 1 fat, 2 1/2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1/2 bread;
per serving: 351 calories