- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 2 small green
or red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet ORTEGA Taco Seasoning
Mix - Regular
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ORTEGA Thick & Smooth Taco
Sauce - Medium, divided
- 10 (6-inch) fajita-size flour tortillas, divided
cups shredded Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until
no longer pink.
- Stir in bell peppers, onion, chiles and seasoning mix. Reduce heat
to low; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Spread 1/2 cup taco sauce onto bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with 5 tortillas.
- Spread with half of chicken mixture and another 1/2 cup taco sauce.
- Sprinkle with
1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Serving Size: 8
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestlé® and meals.com.