- Vegetable oil
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab meat, well-drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced mild green chiles
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 3 green onions, chopped, including some of dark green part
- Optional garnish: Sour cream
- Optional garnish: Salsa
- Set all ingredients, except garnishes, next to stove.
- Heat about 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in medium-large skillet, preferably
nonstick, on medium-high heat. Add 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with half
of cheese, crab meat, chiles, cilantro and green onions. Top with
tortilla and press down lightly with spatula. Cook until tortilla
is nicely browned and cheese is starting to melt, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully turn with flat spatula and cook opposite side until nicely
browned and cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling ingredients.
- Cut each
quesadilla into 8 wedges and serve hot, offering bowls of sour cream
and salsa as optional garnishes.
Yield: 16 wedges
Nutritional information: 105 calories, 6.3 grams protein, 8.6
grams carbohydrates, 4.9 grams fat, 167 milligrams sodium