- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups fat-reduced Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Salsa (for serving)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil and sauté peppers,
onion and chiles for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, then drain, reserving liquid.
- Sprinkle half of each tortilla with cheese and top with pepper mixture.
Fold tortillas in half and place on a baking sheet. (You can overlap
a bit to fit). Brush with reserved liquid.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cut each tortilla into thirds and serve warm with salsa.
Yield: 6 servings