- 2 pounds chayotes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 3 1/2 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 8 green olives, sliced
- Peel chayotes, halve, discard seeds and chop. Steam over boiling,
salted water about 20 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake together olive oil, cilantro, vinegar,
salt and pepper.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise, discard seed and slice into a serving
bowl. Immediately toss with the olive oil dressing. Toss in chayotes,
cheese and olives.