Margarita Fruit Salad
- 1 small cantaloupe, scooped into balls or cut into small pieces
- 1 small honeydew melon, scooped into balls or cut into small pieces
- 2 small oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons tequila
- 6 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Combine cantaloupe, melon, oranges, grapefruit, mango and strawberries and set
- In a small saucepan heat the sugar and orange juice over medium heat. Stir for
3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Stir in tequila, orange liqueur and lime juice.
- Combine with fruit.
- Refrigerate for at least two to four hours.
- Just before serving sprinkle with coconut.
Serves 8 to 12.