Mexican Chicken Salad
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup garlic flavored olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed salsa flavored tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn with peppers
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces and place in bowl.
- In medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro,
shallots and salt. Reserve 1/2 of mixture for dressing and pour
remainder over chicken, tossing to coat.
- On piece of wax paper, place tortilla chips. Roll chicken pieces
in chips, coating well. Place chicken in single layer on greased
- Bake in 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes, or
until brown and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- In large bowl, mix together cabbage, spinach, corn, red pepper,
tomatoes, avocado and feta cheese. Pour reserved dressing over mixture
and toss gently.
- Place cabbage mixture on platter or in large shallow
salad bowl and arrange chicken on top.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe used with permission from
the National Chicken Council - recipe
submitted by Jeanette Atwood Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.