- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano,
salt and pepper; mix well. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: about 7 cups