Chipotle Chile Sauce 2
A simple, hot smoky table sauce that is delicious with grilled meats.
You can also sprinkle it on tacos.
- 3 fresh tomatillos, husked and washed
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 3 canned chiles chipotles, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lay a square of aluminum foil in a cast iron skillet set over medium
heat; set the tomatillos on top of the foil. Turn often until soft
and blackened in spots, about 10 minutes.
- While the tomatillos are roasting, toast the garlic on an uncovered
spot on the skillet, turning frequently until soft, about 15 minutes;
cool, slip off the skin and chop.
- Place the tomatillos, garlic, chipotles and 2 tablespoons water
in a blender container and puree. Scrape into a sauce dish, season
with salt, and stir in a little more water to give it a light, saucy
If a smokier flavor is desired, stir in a teaspoon or two of the sauce from the canned chiles chipotles.