Enchilada Sauce from Dried Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- Brown flour in butter; add spices and tomato paste. Stir until well
- Gradually add water, stirring constantly; heat until boiling.
If it is not thick enough, cook until desired thickness is reached.
It may be thinned by adding a little water if needed.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.