This is a great enchilada sauce that can be frozen for later use.
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 quarts water
- 3/4 can tomato juice (tall can)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (if desired)
- 6 cloves garlic or 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup El Pato sauce
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Heat oil and remove from stock; let cool.
- Add chili powder, then flour. Cook for a few minutes like gravy.
- Add 2 quarts of the water, tomato juice, El Pato sauce and seasonings,
adding cinnamon last. Let boil slowly for a few minutes.
- Remove from stove. Strain to remove lumps.
- Use the other quart of water to thin the sauce if needed.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.