Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 12 habanero chiles, stems removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup Mexican lime juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add carrots with about 3 tablespoons of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and
simmer until carrots are soft.
- Place this mixture and the chiles in a blender, then puree until smooth.
- Combine the puree with vinegar and lime juice and simmer for 5 minutes to combine
- Strain mixture into sterilized bottles.