- 1 cup very ripe peeled, cored, and diced pineapple *
- 2 teaspoons grated piloncillo
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Serrano chiles, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- Juice of 1 Mexican lime
- 1 tablespoon finely minced cilantro
* Do not use canned pineapple in this recipe - only fresh pineapple
- Mix all ingredients together. Taste and add more lime and chiles
- To cook it, mix all ingredients together except the lime and cilantro.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool, then add lime juice
- Serve at room temperature.