- 2 large or 3 small, perfectly ripe avocadoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, hulled and deseeded
- 1 jalapeno or serrano
chile, hulled and deseeded
- 1 Spanish onion, skinned
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 pint cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Small bunch fresh cilantro
of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, quartered
- Chilled tequila (optional)
- Skin, halve, and stone avocadoes.
- Roughly chop cucumber, bell pepper, chile, onion and garlic; put them in
blender (or vegetable juicer, if available) with the water and process thoroughly.
- Strain, pressing well to extract all the juices.
- Return strained liquid to blender with avocado flesh, cilantro leaves (leaving
a few for decoration), lime juice and salt. Process to puree, adjust seasoning.
- Serve chilled, topped with a dollop of sour cream, lime quarters and kosher
salt. Accompany with small glasses of tequila, either to sip with lime and salt,
or to stir directly into the soup (optional).
>> Southwestern Soup Recipes
>> Mexican Soup Recipes