Homemade Tortilla Soup
- 4 cups water
- 3 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 8 cherry
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1/2 green bell pepper, halved
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño chile, seeded
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup whole-kernel corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups tortilla strips or chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream, (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped
fresh cilantro (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add bouillon; stir to dissolve.
Reduce heat to medium.
- Place tomatoes, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic in food
processor; cover. Process until coarsely chopped; add to saucepan. Cook, stirring
occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken, corn and cumin; cook, stirring occasionally,
for 10 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla strips, sour cream and cilantro.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.