Menudo (Tripe and Hominy Soup)
- 3 pounds cow stomach
- 1 gallon water
- 1 (16 ounce) can white or yellow hominy
- 1 package menudo seasoning mix (or 8 tablespoons
- each red chili powder and cumin)
- Chopped onion (optional garnish)
- Lemon juice to taste (optional flavoring)
- Remove the fat from the cow stomach and cut it into chunks.
- Fill a pot with about a gallon of water. Add the chunks, bring the water
to boil, and continue boiling for 4 hours until the stomach is soft.
- Add the hominy, cook for another hour, adding water as needed.
- Add menudo seasoning mix or chili powder/cumin combination. Cook for five
- Add chopped onion and lemon juice if you wish.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Diane Maestas, San Antonio, Texas