Warm up this winter with a fiesta-inspired soup. This is sure to satisfy on a
chilly day. Top or stir in sliced green onions, shredded cheese, zesty salsa or
tortilla chips for a flavorful twist.
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup
fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8-ounce package ) shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sliced green onions,
additional shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and/or tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine evaporated milk, broth and flour in medium saucepan over medium-
high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low;
cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cayenne pepper and cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition
to be melted before adding more cheese. Remove from heat.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Prep: 5 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
Yields: 4 servings, 1 cup
By: CARNATION MILKS
Reprinted with permission from
VeryBestBaking.com and Nestlé®.