- 3/4 pound tomatoes, peeled seeded and diced *
- Green onions, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper (or poblano), seeded and diced
- 3/4 pound tomatoes, peeled seeded and diced*
- 2 cups tomato juice or V8 **
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped cilantro, no stems
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley, no stems
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a blender/food processor, puree 3/4 pound tomatoes with tomato juice/V8,
Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, parsley, salt, and
- Chill in a stainless steel, glass, or ceramic bowl until ready to serve
(overnight is best).
- Combine 3/4 pound tomatoes with the onions, cucumber and pepper in a small
stainless steel, glass, or ceramic bowl. Prepare these vegetables about 3 hours
before serving and refrigerate.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls. Float vegetables on top of the soup.
Serves 2 or 3.
* I use Roma tomatoes when I can get them.
** I prefer V8 but have used both.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 8/21/02 5:00:52 pm.