Sopa de Fideo con Pollo
Richly flavored chicken and fideo soup with tomato sauce and poblano
and jalapeño peppers.
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson®
- 7 ounces dry angel hair fideo, uncooked
- 1 medium poblano or
green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno or Serrano pepper,
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
(8 ounce) can Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons caldo con
sabor de pollo (chicken bouillon)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
teaspoon Sazon seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil
in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Crush fideo; add to saucepan
and stir to coat with oil. Cook for 2 minutes or until browned, stirring
- Add peppers, onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until
vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water
and bouillon. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or
until pasta is tender.
- Stir in chicken and seasoning. Sprinkle with
Prep Time 20 min.
Total Time 30 min.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 291
Reprinted with permission from
Conagra Brands, Inc.