Best Taco Meat
Perfectly seasoned, Best Taco Meat will definitely become your go-to taco filling.
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef*
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
* Ground turkey may be substituted.
- Cook ground beef and onion to a skillet over medium heat until ground beef
is cooked through. Drain any excess fat and return to skillet.
- Add minced garlic, tomato paste, seasonings and water and stir to
combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Let the mixture simmer until the sauce
has thickened, 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot with tortillas, in taco shells or in taco salad.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / philipus