Chicken Chile Verde Tacos
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- 1 cup green chile salsa
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 flour tortillas, reduced fat or regular
- Combine cabbage, cilantro and salsa in a serving dish; set aside.
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir oil,
onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, add chicken, and stir often until meat is no longer
pink in center, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add cumin and oregano; stir for 15 seconds. Spoon into serving dish.
- Wrap tortillas in a cloth towel and cook in microwave oven on full power
until hot, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- At the table, spoon the cabbage and chicken mixture into the tortillas.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 356 cal., 17% (62 cal.) from fat; 32 g protein; 6.9 g fat (0.5
g sat.); 30 g carbo (4.6 g fiber); 858 mg sodium; 66 mg chol
Source: Sunset magazine - January 1997
Other recipes you may like...
Pulled Pork Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
Spicy Steak Tacos with Southwestern Guacamole
Tacos de Carnitas
Tacos el Carbon