Chicken Tacos with Lime Sauce
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16
ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice from 3 or 4 large limes
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro,
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 count) package taco size wheat or
- Chicken: Place chicken in baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover
with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
- Cool to touch, then shred or dice into small pieces and put into saucepan.
- Add salsa to chicken. Set aside until ready to heat for tacos.
- Lime Sauce: In mixing bowl combine mayonnaise and lime juice. Whisk together
until well blended. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place desired amount of heated chicken mixture into warmed tortilla.
- Top with Lime Sauce, cabbage, cilantro and cheese.
- Serve with refried beans and Mexican fried rice.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Other recipes you may like...
Pulled Pork Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa
Spicy Steak Tacos with Southwestern Guacamole
Tacos de Carnitas
Tacos el Carbon