Old School Tacos
This is the old-fashioned way to make tacos without using taco seasoning.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 crispy corn taco shells
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomatoes
- In a cast iron or nonstick skillet, brown the ground beef, breaking it
apart into crumbles as it browns. When the meat is cooked, drain off any fat
and stir in seasonings until well combined.
Spoon an equal amount into
each taco shell and serve on a platter with bowls of lettuce, cheese,
tomatoes and salsa.
- Let everyone make their own.
Yield: 8 tacos
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / fudio