Pork Carnitas Tacos
Add carnitas, favorite cheese, hot sauce, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, cilantro, chopped red onion, guadamole and more spicy hot sauce or salsa as desired.
- 3 pounds pork shoulder, cut into several large pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven over high heat. Brown pork on all sides for about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low for 2 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer pork to baking sheet. Bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Drizzle with cooking liquid every 10 minutes. Use two forks to shred the meat as it browns.
- Fry corn tortillas in vegetable oil.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.