Pork Carnitas Tacos
Add carnitas, favorite cheese, hot sauce, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, cilantro, chopped red onion, guadamole and more spicy hot sauce or salsa as desired.
- 3 pounds pork shoulder, cut into several large pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven over high heat. Brown pork on all sides for about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low for 2 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer pork to baking sheet. Bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Drizzle with cooking liquid every 10 minutes. Use two forks to shred the meat as it browns.
- Fry corn tortillas in vegetable oil.