Tacos with Jalapeno Cream
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablepoon chili powder
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 fresh California avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons 50% less fat sour cream
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups arugula
- Rub chili powder on both sides of steak. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill corn tortillas for 30 seconds on each side. Remove from grill; keep warm.
- Place avocado, lime juice, sour cream and jalapeño pepper in bowl of food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Top tortillas with equal amounts steak and arugula; top with avocado cream. Pass remaining avocado cream.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 341 Calories; 13 g Total Fat; 3 g Saturated Fat; 6 g Monounsaturated Fat; 72 mg Cholesterol; 123 mg Sodium; 27 g Total carbohydrate; 30 g Protein; 3.1 mg Iron; 9.2 mg Niacin; 0.8 mg Vitamin B6; 116.4 mg Choline; 1.5 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.9 mg Zinc; 34.2 mcg Selenium; 6.4 g Fiber
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Council