This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 12 small tender zucchini
- 1/4 pound Monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Parboil zucchini in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Cut zucchini in
halves lengthwise. Scoop out centers; place strips of cheese in halves and fill
with the zucchini pulp, then fasten the two halves together with wooden picks.
- Beat egg whites very stiff; still beating, add yolks, slowly, one at a time,
then salt, pepper and flour.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a pan. Dip zucchini into egg batter, and fry until
well-browned on both sides.