Pumpkin Apple Gingerbread Cake
This is a wonderfully moist gingerbread. If you prefer, serve it with a soft
ice cream or whipped topping.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon
pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine,
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup (1 large) baking apple (such
as Granny Smith), peeled, shredded
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and
salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until
- Beat in eggs two at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in pumpkin, apple and molasses.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in bread comes out
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; invert onto serving platter.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Serve warm with Hard Sauce.
- For Hard Sauce: Beat butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until fluffy.
Prep: 25 mins
Cooking: 55 mins
Cooling: 15 mins
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
By: LIBBY'S PUMPKIN
Reprinted with permission from
VeryBestBaking.com and Nestlé®.