Cabbage and Tofu Dumpling Soup
- 1/4 pound firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 medium head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 8 cups boiling water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Chopped scallions
- Dumplings: Blend tofu with water until smooth.
- Sift dry ingredients. Stir in tofu mixture. Knead for 1 minute,
form into 1/2-inch balls and set aside.
- Soup: Mince core of cabbage and shred leaves finely. Heat oil in
soup pot. Add cabbage and sauté over medium heat until golden.
- Add water and bay leaf; return to a boil.
- Add dumplings, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. The dumplings
should be floating on the top at this point. Remove bay leaf.
- Dilute soy sauce in a bit of the broth, then add to the soup. Simmer
for another 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with scallions.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.