Chinese-Style Sautéed Tofu
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 (3-inch square) pieces tofu
- 4 cups oil
- 3 ounces ground pork
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot bean paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soup stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Chopped green onions (for garnish)
- Cut tofu into 1 1/2-inch square pieces, then cut each piece into
2 triangles. Pat dry.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Fry tofu until golden brown.
Remove tofu from pan and remove oil, leaving only 2 tablespoons.
Add ground pork to skillet; fry until pink is gone. Add bean paste,
garlic and ginger. Add soup stock, then add browned tofu. Cover
and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and sugar; bring to a low boil. Make a paste of cornstarch
and water; add to mixture and stir until thickened.
- Serve garnished with green onions.
Serves 4 to 6
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes