This is a great substitute for any recipe which calls for cooked,
diced or chopped chicken meat. Freezing tofu gives it a meat-like
texture. The process is very easy, but you'll need to plan 72
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- Leave tofu in original package and place in freezer for 72 hours.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Place package of tofu in water
and allow to thaw, approximately 10 minutes.
- When thawed, remove from package, place in a piece of cheesecloth,
and squeeze out liquid.
- Shred, dice or slice tofu and include in your favorite recipe.
Yield: 2 cups