Mock Egg Salad
- 8 ounces tofu, crumbled or 1 (12 ounce) package silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced pickles (optional)
- Crumble the tofu into a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the mustard,
honey, vinegar, turmeric, onion powder, celery seed and pepper in
a small dish. Pour over the tofu and mash together well. Add the
celery, green pepper and pickles and mix well again.
- You may serve it immediately, but letting it chill for a few hours
allows the flavors to blend better.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1/3 cup. Per serving: 84 calories, 4 g total fat,
0.6 g sat fat, 7 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 67 mg sodium, 0 mg