Mock Thai Fish Cakes
- 400 grams firm tofu
- 2 large red chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped roughly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped roughly
- 3 lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 egg
- 100 grams self-rising flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped roughly (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Oil for shallow frying
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place the tofu, chiles, spring onion, garlic, ginger, coriander,
lime leaves, egg, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and flour in a food
processor and blend until it is just smooth. Do not allow it to
become runny. Place the mixture in a bowl and stir in the basil
- Fry cakes in hot oil around 2.5 centimeters deep by placing large
tablespoons of the batter in it spreading it out slightly with the
back of the spoon. Cook them for 1 to 2 minutes, turning them halfway
through cooking, until they are golden.
- Serve the Tofu cakes with Thai sweet chili sauce.
Yield: about 15 to 20 cakes
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes