Tex-Mex Tofu Burritos
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package extra-firm light tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1 cup julienne-cut zucchini
- 1/2 cup corn, black bean and roasted redpepper salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free tortillas
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Place tofu in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with cumin, chili powder,
cinnamon and vinegar. Toss gently to coat; set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion;
sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and zucchini; sauté for 4 minutes.
- Stir in tofu mix, salsa and salt; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 3/4
cup tofu mix down center of each tortilla. Top with 1 tablespoon
each of green onions, sour cream and cheese; roll up.
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 231 Fat 6.7g Protein 10.1g Carb 31.8g Fiber 1.6g Chol
10 mg Sodium 794 mg
Source: Cooking Light