Tofu and Brown Rice Casserole
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 12 to 16 ounces tofu, with liquid pressed out
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3 ounces cheese of your choice, grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet and coat with 2 teaspoons of the oil and all
the butter. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add brown rice; sauté for 2 minutes. Add tofu (press liquid out),
and sauté another 2 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Place tofu-onion mixture into a 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole coated
with remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons oil. Pour in milk. Sprinkle wheat
germ and cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese
Yield: 4 servings