- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Slice tofu into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Mix together the miso, water,
garlic, and nutritional yeast. Marinate the slices for at least
one hour (or overnight).
- Mix breading ingredients together. Dredge moist tofu slices in breading
mix and arrange on baking sheet coated with cooking spray or canola
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Turn. Bake another 15 minutes
until golden brown.